1. Configure the data source as explained in the Binding C1Schedule to a Data Source topic, and use the appropriate table and fields in your database:
• In the Configure the Select Statement window, when you select Specify columns from a table or view, choose the table containing categories from the Name drop-down box.
• Check the columns from your database to map to the C1WebScheduleStorage.
Once the data source is configured, you can map to each of the columns in the Categories table. You can do this through Visual Studio's Properties window.
2. Map the table from your database to the Categories Storage:
c. Expand the Mappings node and enter the column names from your database table in the MappingName properties for each mapping node. If you do not want to map all columns, you can leave the MappingName property blank. Only the TextMappingMapping field is required to be mapped.
3. Run the project, double-click the time for a new or existing appointment, and click the Categories button in the Appointment dialog box. The Categories window appears, and all of the categories from the database appear in the list of Available Categories. Users can check any of these categories to assign them to their appointments.