Adding the C1Schedule Component to a Project
When you install ComponentOne Studio for ASP.NET AJAX, the Create a ComponentOne Visual Studio Toolbox Tab check box is checked, by default, in the installation wizard. When you open Visual Studio, you will notice a ComponentOne Studio for ASP.NET AJAX tab containing the ComponentOne controls has automatically been added to the Toolbox.
If you decide to uncheck the Create a ComponentOne Visual Studio Toolbox Tab check box during installation, you can manually add ComponentOne controls to the Toolbox at a later time.
Manually Adding C1Schedule to the Toolbox
To add the C1Schedule control to the Visual Studio Toolbox:
1. Open the Visual Studio IDE (Microsoft Development Environment). Make sure the Toolbox is visible (select Toolbox in the View menu, if necessary) and right-click the Toolbox to open the context menu.
2. To make the C1Schedule component appear on its own tab in the Toolbox, select Add Tab from the context menu and type in the tab name, C1Schedule, for example.
3. Right-click the tab where the components are to appear, and select Choose Items from the context menu. The Choose Toolbox Items dialog box opens.
4. In the Choose Toolbox Items dialog box, go to the .NET Framework Components tab. Sort the list by Namespace (click the Namespace column header) and check the check box for the component belonging to namespace C1.Web.UI.Controls.C1Schedule. Note that there may be more than one component for each namespace.
Adding C1Schedule to the Form
To add C1Schedule to a form:
1. Add the C1Schedule control to the Visual Studio Toolbox.
2. Double-click the control or drag it onto your form.
Adding a Reference to the Assembly
To add a reference to the C1Schedule assembly:
1. Select the Add Reference option from the Project menu of your Web application project. This option is on the Website menu for Web site projects.
2. Select the ComponentOne C1Schedule assembly from the list on the .NET tab or browse to find the C1.Web.UI.Controls.2.dll file and click OK.
3. Double-click the form caption area to open the code window. At the top of the file, add the following Imports statements (using in C#):
Note: This makes the objects defined in the C1Schedule assembly visible to the project. See Namespaces for more information.